Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Mocha... No! CHOCOLATE Punch


Mocha Punch Recipe
This picture DOES NOT do it justice!!! Taste of Home mag.

Oh my lusciousness!!! My precious!!! This is drinkably delicious!!!! It's like chocolate milk and a chocolate milkshake combined!! The perfect temperature of cold! I made it for the first time tonight and everyone said, "Oh! Wow! That IS good!" SOOOO EASY! SOOOOO GOOD!! I made it for 9 of us girls, and with a few second helpings, there was just enough ( I wanted to drink the last of it straight out of the punch bowl, but then, that might have been embarrassing). Enjoy! :)

1 1/2 Quarts Water (warm enough to dissolve sugar and hot chocolate mix)
1/2 Cup Instant Cocoa Mix
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Cup Cocoa
(I add more to make it extra chocolaty! :)
1/2 Gallon Chocolate and Vanilla Ice Cream

Optional:
Whipped Cream
Chocolate Shavings

Mix sugar, cocoa, and hot chocolate mix in a picture. Pour water in and mix until everything is dissolved. I always do things to taste,(key to making things TASTE good!) Taste it! Make sure it's chocolatey enough. Keep in mind you will be diluting it with ice cream. Refrigerate at least until cold enough to serve (I put it in my freezer for 2 hours, or 4 hours in the fridge) You can even make it ahead of time and leave it in the fridge overnight . Before serving a few minutes before you are ready to serve, pour into a punch bowl and add ice cream by the scoopfuls ( I actually ended up using Breyers triple chocolate ice cream). Stir until partially melted and slushy (make sure and leave a few delicious clumps of ice cream!). Garnish with dollops of whipped cream and chocolate shavings/curls. Get ready to meet your density! I MEAN destiny! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment