Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pumpkin Pancakes

Pumpkin Pancakes

This is a most excellent pumpkin pancake recipe!! The best I've had, I think I can say! The other's I've tried are fluffy like a pancake and have a light flavor of pumpkin. These are heavy and creamy like pumpkin pie, and taste by far closer to it than those fluffy ones! Oh they are lucsious for breakfast with Carmel / Buttermilk Syrup! A party in your mouth! Enjoy!!

Sift:

2 Cups Flour

4 tsp. Baking Powder

1 ½ tsp. Cinnamon

½ tsp. Nutmeg

¼ tsp. Allspice

¾ Cup Sugar

Mix together:

1 ½ Cups pumpkin

3 Eggs

1 Cup Buttermilk

¾ Cup Vegetable Oil

1tsp. Vanilla

4 oz. chopped pecans (if you can get away with nuts in your pancakes I never put them in. Chocolate chips are my favorite substitute! ;)


Sift the dry ingredients together first. Stir together the mixed wet ingredients with the dry. Stir in pecans (or chocolate chips) just before ready to cook. If you like them a little bit more spicy, I add about ¼ tsp more of the spices. These pancakes take a little bit longer to cook so I cook them at a little bit lower temperature


No comments:

Post a Comment