Monday, January 9, 2012

Hedgehog's Yellow Cake

This cake isn’t anything AMAZING per se (I just wanted to put it on here so I could throw the dumb paper away! But you will notice, I did think it was worth keeping! ;). It’s a recipe, supposedly from "back in the day" (makes it a little more fun) that my Brenna brought home from school and she MADE me make it!! It’s a very simple, not too sweet yellow cake. Extremely EASY to make and hey! Not bad. Would be good with a glaze on top. Last time I made it for a little treat for the children while we went out, and I put blueberries in it which we enjoyed. Bottom line: probably wouldn’t have this recipe if I didn’t have kids, easy, not too sweet and they like it.

3/4 C. Sugar

1/2 C. Butter

3 Eggs

1&1/4 C. Self-rising Flour

1tsp. Vanilla (or any other flavor you would like this to have :)

Pre-heat: 350

Butter 9 in. round pan. Whip butter and sugar, add eggs one by one and vanilla. Mix in flour, put in pan, bake for a half hour or until done. Serve with a warm glass of milk :)

No comments:

Post a Comment