Sunday, January 8, 2012

Cobbler

This Cobbler is one of my favorites! I don’t look online for other Cobbler recipes to see if there’s any better out there because I am thoroughly satisfied with this one! The cobblers that you’ve had with the thin crunchy crust (I’m sure there are some people who prefer their cobbler toppings like that. Not me). This is not one of those! This has a perfectly sweetened, moist, thick biscuit like top, and the filling has never been runny, but nice and syrupy like it’s supposed to be! Very easy to make! Even Better to eat! J I often double this because an 8x8 just doesn’t do!

Pre-Heat Oven to 375

Grease 8x8 pan (9x13 for a doubled recipe). Cover bottom of pan with desired fruit (I use canned peaches AND I mix cinnamon in with them!!).

Mix

3/4C Sugar

1C Flour

1tsp. Baking Powder

1/4tsp. salt

Mix

1/2C Milk

3Tbls. Butter

Stir into Dry mixture. Spread dough over fruit.

Mix

1C Sugar

1Tbl. Cornstarch

Sprinkle over dough and pour 2/3 cups of boiling water over everything. (At this point I always get nervous that that can’t be it, and that it’s not going to come out right, but don’t worry! It’s always worked so far!) Bake until golden on top and a fork comes out clean.


No comments:

Post a Comment