Monday, August 6, 2012

Ridiculous Cake Mix Cookies

So I was in a pinch and needed a treat to bribe my children with so they would be good while my husband and I went out on a date (what? You've never had to bribe your kids?). I was so desperate, in fact, that I even turned to.... Cake Mix cookies! I KNOW! It's just for the kids, I assured myself, they don't care! So I found this recipe, and I screwed it up (because I was in a hurry, and didn't carefully read the directions), noticed the dough was dry and fixed it, added in some spices to make it decent, and... I couldn't believe the outcome!  I couldn't believe that I was eating another one, and then another!! I found myself feeling a little bitter that I couldn't stop eating CAKE MIX cookies! This was pathetic! These were RIDICULOUS...ly good! I shamelessly make these now!
So here is a recipe for Cake Mix Cookies that you can get away with!  That you can give to your friends and they will never know that you only spent the time of a cake mix on them! (heh heh ;)  


(I ACTUALLY took the picture this time, so this is what they REALLY look like) 

1 box of yellow cake mix 
2&1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Cloves
(Note: you may need to adjust the spices. I eyeball it every time so I don't have an exact. Just do it to taste. Would you like more of a cinnamon flavor? Add more cinnamon, and so on.)
2/3- 1Cup of rolled oats, 
1/2 cup softened butter (you can use marg. but it will only be half as good!) 
1 egg. 
Add milk to consistency (about 2T). 
Raisins and/or Chocolate Chips
Beat on low until combined. Add raisins or chocolate chips if desired. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at  475°F for 5 to 7 minutes. Don't over bake! If they are a little doughy, when they cool they will be perfect and gooey! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment