Sunday, June 30, 2024

Lemon Ice Cream

bowl of lemon ice cream with spoon


I got this recipe from my Aunt Melody and Uncle Terry. I just happened to be visiting their house when they were making this homemade ice cream for a ward activity. I got to taste some and it was heavenly!!! I've held on to it ever since. I don't always add the eggs (infact I usually don't) if I don't want to go to the trouble of tempering the mixture. It still comes out good :D


7 C Whole Milk

1 C Whipping Cream

1 C Evaporated Milk

2 1/2 C Sugar

Pinch of Salt

4 Eggs

3 1/2 Tbls. Vanilla

1 Tbls. Lemon Extract


I got no instructions with this recipe. So from my cooking knowledge-- you would cook the eggs in the hot milk and then need to refridgerate your ice cream base until it is cold. The easiest way I can think of to do this (don't know if it's the best way...) is put it all in a blender and blend it up, then put it in the pan, whisk constatnly while you cook over medium heat until it reaches 160 degrees. Put in refridgerator until cool enough to churn. Then add lemon juice and zest right before churning. If you want a stronger flavor, once the ice cream has chilled to room temperature, add Lemon juice and zest and let marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight.

This Ice Cream is A-MAZING! It's as good as Chick-Fil-A!!! We made a few modifications tonight. I wanted to get them down.

3 C Whole Milk

4 C Half and Half

1 C Evaporated Milk

1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

2 1/2 C Sugar (I might reduce the sugar by 1/2-3/4 of a cup because of the sweetened condensed milk)

Pinch of Salt

Zest from 2 Lemons

3 1/2 Tbls. Vanilla

2 Tbls. Lemon Juice


Mix and Churn! 

We added dark brown broiled marshmallow bits (Oh my goodness!!!! Delectable!)

Other add-ins:

Vanilla Wafers

Lemon Oreos


No comments:

Post a Comment