Sunday, June 30, 2024

Homemade Oreos

Homemade Oreos on a platter



I got this recipe from a great friend. Yeah. Really, a cake mix again! I know. This is great! They are fast to make and actually super delicious!

1 Devils Food Cake Mix

2 Eggs

1/2 Cup Oil of your choice (OG recipe calls for Vegetable oil)


Mix and roll the mix into uniform balls

Bake at 350 for 8 mins. Don’t over cook!


Frosting: (can be halved)

1 block of cream cheese

1 tsp Vanilla

1 cube of butter

1/4 C Milk

Powdered Sugar (to desired thickness)


Now take your cookies and frosting and assemble your Oreos :D



I love "Our Best Bites!" Definitely stole the picture from there and also eyed their recipe. It uses shortening instead of oil. I wonder which is better. I would use coconut oil before I used shortening. But here's a link if you want to check it out.


https://ourbestbites.com/homemade-oreos/


No comments:

Post a Comment