Sunday, August 2, 2015

Peppermint Frosting

Oh Wow! Yes, I know I say that a lot, but it's usually the "wow" recipes that inspire me to put them on here! I found this mint frosting on pinterest; it goes with browinies (which I've never used because I love the "Best Brownies" that are on my blog). This frosting is fabulously wonderful! I make homemade butter cream mints that are incredibly exquisite, and the flavor of this frosting reminds me of these! It's a different texture for frosting, it is very thick and more moldable than it is spreadable. That's ok, flatten it out and set it on there! I've topped it off with chocolate frosting for brownies; with or without, it's perfect! Today I am making this frosting to put on homemade oreos! I CAN'T WAIT TO TASTE IT! I found this recipe here-
 http://www.thecurvycarrot.com/2011/05/27/chocolate-mint-brownies/


3 cups confectioners’ sugar
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
3 tablespoons half and half
1/8 teaspoon peppermint oil (NOT flavoring, unless it's real candy flavoring, but it should be potent)
 In the bowl of your standing mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the melted butter, powdered sugar (aka confectioners’ sugar), half and half, and peppermint oil until smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment